Tuesday, April 29, 2008

LURE

I reflect over my life
And think of the good
and not so good times


I know you’ve been there
But I want you to go
Because I don’t care


You make it hard for me
In my everyday life
What do I have to do?
Do I have to go under the knife… AGAIN?


I want to break free from these chains
Don’t need this pain… any longer
Why don’t you refrain
And leave me alone
Because you must go
You have to go!


Whatever you want
I won’t give in
Try as you might
You just won’t win!


So let me be
Let go of this hold
You’ve given me
Move on somewhere else
Let me be free
I want the chance to live my dreams


You’ve been with me
Almost half of my life
Are you trying to cause me strife?


What do you want?
Do you want me to break?
Are you trying to see
How much more I can take?


Do you smile when I’m down?
Do you frown when I smile?
Does everything seem
Like it’s all been worthwhile?


I just want to be free
I just want to be free
When will you go
And just let me be?



*age 25*
April 2006

No comments: