Saturday, March 7, 2009

In The Moment

I sit on my bed,
Looking out at my view, through the opened French doors

As the sun goes down, I watch it seep through parts of the cloudy sky, while others gracefully float on by.

A soft breeze is welcomed, temporarily distracting me from a humid summer's afternoon.
Listening to the meditative sounds of sacred earth, helps me to feel at peace .

As the sun goes down, I see all the pretty lights, glow in the suburb before me.
In front of them is a dead tree, but its interesting contours, give it an art exibit feel.

I notice my surroundings how they appear to me now.
In these moments there is no need to speak, or even think.
I see, that being in the present moment, is all there really is.


Does a future actually exist?
And does the past really matter?

Being in the present, seems so much simpler, yet I know I'll complicate things again with my fluttering thoughts and believing each one to be true.

Why do we as humans feel the need to think all the time?


Reminiscing over the past and worrying about the future,
when the things we worry about may not even come into fruition, let alone the future itself.


If we give ourselves that moment,
to be in the moment,
We can then feel what we're always searching for...

Inner peace.


Written 13/12/08
Age 28

No comments: