Saturday, May 10, 2008

melodic desire (poem)


alot of people have found it difficult to understand my obsession with dancing and clubbing, and after i failed to explain how i feel, i eventually wrote this poem.

I feel you flow through me
Bringing warmth to my soul
I feel every part of your essence
As you rush through my veins
And please every one of my senses

I am anxious and excited
To be in your presence
My body flows to your every sound
I feel the people around me
Start to form a crowd
My feet stomp to your base
While my mind drifts off to space
I explore every inch of the dance
I lift up my arms and embrace you
Objects around me start to disappear
It’s now just you, me and the dance floor
Beneath my feet


My pulse rate rises
The more I fall under your spell
The more I feel I could fly
Don’t ever leave me
For I know,
No other way to experience this natural high

My hair becomes wet and messy
Sweat drips from my face
My clothes are that drenched
It’s like I’ve been standing in the rain
But I don’t care
All my emotional pain has ceased
As I keep dancing without despair

I feel you rush through my body
I am instantly uplifted
You make feel so alive
This is something I never want to be deprived from

I am in ecstasy
As I you penetrate all of my senses
And fill every cell in my body

My soul you have possessed
With you I am completely obsessed


Goosebumps appear as you kiss my skin
I become fearless, untouchable, unstoppable
I know others are watching me
I am surrounded by smiles
But I don’t pay any attention
For I have escaped into my own piece of heaven

The energy that consumes me
Is overwhelming
It’s all around me
Everything seems so surreal
Things feel like they’re in slow motion
But at the same time fast paced

My heart continues to race
For I have fallen completely in love with you
Nothing has ever made me feel the way you do

Every movement releases any chains of stress
Bringing peace and harmony within myself
Clearing away any need to feel depressed


SUDDENLY… you stop!
It’s that time of the night I dread
My surroundings become more visible
Everyone has formed a close bond
But that oneness we all shared
Starts to fade away
As reality is fast approaching

We all start to stray
Drifting apart from one another
All of us becoming strangers again
Facing our own inner demons
And we’re back to being handcuffed
By the social network – SOCIETY

I feel you leave through the pores of my skin
NOOO! DON’T LEAVE ME!
The tears swell up in my eyes
I am now filled with emptiness inside
Until the next time we embrace
I’ll reminisce about the time we shared
I look forward to dancing with you again
And feel my body and mind escape

*age 27*
19/6/07

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Harms,
How have you been?
Thanks for sending your poem to me, it's awesome.
I really really love it.
I emailed Helen the other day and she tells me that you're singing with her new housemate and making some wonderful music.
I hope that you've been singing and dancing and loving life as much as your poem makes it sound like.

Miss you xxx Im.

Anonymous said...

Lovely poem, so emotive. Enjoyed.

La Belle Rouge

Anonymous said...

Well orchestrated piece expressing how the desires of the soul are reached and soothed through music...

Be always safe,
Karen

Anonymous said...

Yes, I know this feeling well- I feel it when writing or drawing, but I can really relate to the physical side of this from when I did bellydancing-you and the music are one and everything else disappears.
It is as if the two are connected, you really showed that here- thanks for sharing your passion with us xx

Blessings, Michelle Mead