Sunday, May 11, 2008

Melodic Desire Song

These are lyrics I wrote for a piano piece that my neighbour wrote.

When i first met him, he played me various pieces that he put together, including this one.
However, this piece, was one of his least favourites, but as soon as he played it, i found it really touched my heart and reminded me of my love for dancing and music. I knew exactly how i wanted to arrange this piece.
I wrote the Lyrics and assisted with the composition.

I wrote a poetry version prior to this, also called Melodic Desire, which you can read on the previous post.

You can listen to me singing the song by clicking on the mp3 file below.

Melodic Desire.mp3

I have such desire for you,
as I dance around the room.

Goosebumps appear as you kiss my skin,
My heart starts to race when we embrace,
I am mesmerised with your soulful tunes,
nothing makes me feel the way you do.

The more I fall under your spell,
I feel I could fly,
from this natural high.

My sorrows have ceased,
I'm in ecstasy,
I feel free when it's just you and me.

You are what I require,
My melodic desire,
don't ever leave me coz,
I don't know what I'd do,
If I couldn't dance with you.

You are my love that's true.

*age 27*
2007

8 comments:

Irshad said...

nice poetry ....

Anonymous said...

Very pretty.

It reminds me so much of something, but I can't put my finger on it. At first i was going to say it was in what I call the new celtic tradition of Enya, Clannad, etc., but that isn't quite it. Anyway, whatever it is that it reminds me of, I enjoyed it quite a bit.

Trent P. McDonald

Anonymous said...

this is a pretty song. Thanks for the background on how this came about also. It's an unusual and rather wonderful origin for a song to have.

Randy.B

Anonymous said...

What I could make out and hear I really liked! - piano, composition and sweet voice etc.

Lots of potential- as was said in the though much more time needs to be done on the production end to fully realize and appreciate the talent here.

DelCarry

Anonymous said...

man that's really good. i like it!

Peter

Anonymous said...

wonderful song Harmony

Miffi

Anonymous said...

you're very talented

Anonymous said...

i like the song

Wardy