Saturday, May 10, 2008

SPECIAL FATHER

i wrote this poem for my dad (obviously). i also wrote a song for him, but have chosen not to put the music on here.
You are a son to be proud of
And a father to look up too
You're compassionate, kind and protective
around you i feel safe
you help keep me strong
and leave my mind in a positive head space

you have such admirable qualities
that how could i not respect you
always thinking of everyone else's needs
when at times your own heart bleeds

you have a warm and tenderness side to you
but yet, at the same time
you have a real strength that shines through
and when i am better
i will be there for you
To show you how much i appreciate
everything that you do

but don't forget to be there for yourself
don't neglect your own health
show yourself the same respect you give others
nurture yourself
and see the beauty within
that everyone else can see
including me

Dad,
You are not just my father
You are my best friend
And i know we'll remain that way
Right through to the end

they say a ring is round
And that's for sure
And that's how long
i'll love you for

Love your honourable daughter no.1

Written 18/04/07
26 yrs old

No comments: